What Is Plant-Powered Beauty – Phytonutrients In Skincare
In the past, we have learned to love all the most commonly known nutrients and incorporate them into our lives to enjoy the perks of beauty and wellness that come with them. These include many proteins, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and carbs. However, nowadays, people are turning to something we seem to have neglected over the years – phytonutrients. These are incredible nutrients that can do wonders for your body and skin, and today we are looking into what they are and how we can incorporate them, especially in beauty products.
What makes a beauty herb a beauty herb?
All women want to maintain a glowing complexion, which can be done with the help of beauty herbs. You should consider using products with these ingredients to level up your skincare regimen. Additionally, the best thing about herbs for beauty is that they are 100% chemical-free, making them perfect for natural skincare!
Scientific research has proven that some compounds provide plants with exceptional health benefits. Some of these benefits include protecting the body from the inside and out. Hence, the name beauty herbs – with their help, you can improve your skin complexion, prevent acne and treat skin conditions, and even slow down the process of aging. Using products with these plants will boast clean beauty and leave your skin feeling as fresh as ever.
What are the basic phytonutrients?
- Polyphenols – Looking for raw polyphenolic acid? You can find it in fruits, herbs, fruit juices, vegetables, oil seeds, and spices. These compounds are mainly supplied to the body with the help of dietary supplements. In addition to being good for your health, when it comes to organic skincare cosmetics, these types of phytonutrients work wonders! They can penetrate the skin on a deeper level and result in the improvement of numerous skin conditions.
- Flavonoids/isoflavonoids – Both of them are incredible antioxidants that can rejuvenate the skin! Their impact consists of maintaining healthy cell membranes and ensuring the swift regeneration process of the skin. Ultimately, this leads to a slower aging process.
- Anthocyanidins – These are active compounds found in plants, and they play a very important role in the survival and reproduction of plants. On the other hand, when it comes to using them in your plant-based skincare routine, they are considered natural skincare ingredients that protect the skin from UVA and UVB radiation. Additionally, they have plenty of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Phytoestrogens – One of the best phytonutrients out there! They can provide the skin a soothing feeling since they are powerful anti-inflammatory ingredients. They can boost sebum production and balance out any irritation and inflammation your skin may be dealing with. On top of it all, they can even suppress blemishes.
- Terpenoids – Another anti-inflammatory and detoxifying compound proven to be more than beneficial in the fight for radiating skin. These types of phytonutrients manage to control sebum levels and enhance skin penetration.
- Carotenoids – Carotenoids have many benefits that come with flavonoids too. They can stimulate that golden and healthy glow of the skin. On the other hand, they can increase skin cell turnover and take care of some skin conditions, including acne, photoaging, and psoriasis.
- Limonoids – Take oranges as an example. We know that they are perfect for the health of the body and the skin. But, other than vitamin C, they have other compounds that are as equally important – limonoids! These can provide plenty of benefits, including antibacterial and antifungal properties that can work in your favor!
- Phytosterols – These are pretty helpful ingredients in natural skincare products. The phytosterols have proven to be highly powerful in blocking reduced collagen synthesis after being exposed to sunlight for extended periods. They are an excellent addition to any anti-aging natural skincare product, so we recommend incorporating them into your routine!
- Glucosinolates – Once you start looking for a compound with a wide range of benefits for the skin, you will stop right here. The glucosinolates can shield against UV rays’ damage, improve the skin’s ability to detoxify itself, and have anti-cancerous activity.
What are the benefits of phytonutrients?
- Antioxidants – Most phytonutrients are filled with antioxidant properties, which can actively fight the damage done by free radicals. Antioxidants are highly beneficial in creating balanced-looking skin. If you are leading a healthy lifestyle, you are probably already consuming plenty of foods that have antioxidant properties. However, if you want to focus on the health of your skin, choosing transparent beauty products that contain phytonutrients is your best option.
- Vitamins – Think about the health of your face and skin as you think about a specific language – you can’t put it to use if you don’t know all the letters, correct? The same goes for the health of the skin. Your skincare routine should include all vitamins – A, B, C, D, E, etc. This is how you will ensure that your face is healthy and glowing!
- Tannins – Some of the best clean beauty products out there include tannins! We are all familiar with this word, especially those who have dabbled with grapes. Regarding skincare, tannins can block acne breakouts and prevent any blemishes from forming on the skin. Using products powered with these compounds will leave the skin looking as smooth as the skin of a grape!
- Alkaloids – The diverse family of alkaloids has many benefits for the skin. They can protect it from outer influences, including too much sun and wind. They have also been proven beneficial in the fight against wrinkles – after a long period of use. You can see those fine lines are reduced.
- Carbohydrates – Acting as potent anti-inflammatory agents, they can efficiently hunt and neutralize any free radicals, actively preventing the degradation of the skin frame. The free radicals are to blame for the lower collagen levels in the skin, so naturally, using these phytonutrients can slow down the aging process.
- Terpenoids – They have been known to have superpowers regarding their effects on the skin, including their detoxifying property and ability to control sebum.
Matching your skin type with phytonutrients
- Dry skin – If you are dealing with dry skin, the best approach would be to turn to polysaccharides. They can boost the ability of the skin to maintain hydration and retain water wherever needed. In addition, they can repair and boost the skin’s health.
- Acne issues – If you notice you are dealing with acne, terpenoids are your best option. As they can control the sebum, they can take care of acne breakouts and clean your skin.
- Sensitive skin – Sensitive and hypersensitive skin requires treatment with delicate care. You could only do that through a combination of vitamins and antioxidants. Think about your skin and face as you think about the inside of your body – you have to provide it with all the nutrients to function optimally.
- Oily skin –Oily skin requires a combination that would even it out and give it a healthy glow – this can be done with the help of tannins. The properties found in the tannins include a cleaner feel and allow your skin to absorb more of everything!
- Aging skin – as aging is inevitable, so is our attempt to prevent it. No matter what type of skin you have, it is aging, and if you want to slow the process down, you will require the help of phytonutrients. This is because they all have anti-aging properties that will do wonders for your skin!
You will notice an instant difference once you use the beautiful phytonutrients in your organic skincare routine. As experienced herbalists and estheticians, professionals in our field, we can guarantee that there is a safe and natural way to include some of these beautiful ingredients into your daily plant-based skincare regimen.
If you have thought about moving toward a more natural skincare approach, then this might be the answer that you are looking for. Our products are carefully and strategically created to give the skin everything it needs to flourish. You can start by checking out our natural skincare collections and see what we offer.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions that you may have. We are happy to respond to all professionals and skincare enthusiasts out there!