What is Phyto moisturizing in skincare – occlusive vs. humectants?
One of the most exciting topics in skincare is related to phyto moisturizing and hyaluronic acid. This is an exciting turn on two very separate aspects. But let’s start from the beginning.
If you are a skincare professional or an enthusiast, you probably hold plenty of moisturizers in your home. Among all of them, you are probably not aware that there are a few groups they can be classified in. Today we will cover two crucial and quite different groups – occlusive and humectant moisturizers.
The moisturizer is a simple generic term that can be anything from the vast array of lotions, gels, topical creams, ointments, and emulsions. These are exact kinds of skincare products that can contain either occlusives or humectants in their ingredient combination.
Once you start figuring out the chemistry behind it and what effect you want to achieve on your skin, you will start looking a little closer into the components. Certain moisturizers can have different effects on your skin, be it getting tighter, drier, and so on. The reason behind all of these effects is the ingredients they contain – usually, once you get more informed about them, you will be slightly more careful with your choice of natural skincare products. However, some components work for almost everyone – hyaluronic acid, which is best for people in their mid-20s or 30s.
Let’s start by defining the difference between occlusive and humectant moisturizers. The humectants are the ones that draw the moisture in, the emollients are the ones that manage to soften the skin, and the occlusives are the ones that provide a protective seal over it and lock up the hydration. They do not raise the moisture levels in the skin, but they prevent water from being drained by any external factor.
To put it more simply, Now, first things first, let’s take a look at the occlusives versus humectants. To find the most effective moisturizer for your skin type, you must understand the difference between these two terms, occlusive moisturizers that provide a protective shield on top of the skin’s outer surface. This is what will keep the moisture wrapped around its surface. On top of that, the occlusives are also responsible for keeping allergens, irritants, and any other harmful particles away from the skin’s surface.
It seems that these particular agents can be most used when placed over damp skin and are only effective when it is still on before removal. To maintain optimal results, you should keep up with a regular application.
Every once in a while, people can get dry and irritated skin. This especially happens in the winter, when the weather is extremely cold and dry. Thankfully, occlusives are an effective way to battle these conditions and deal with a few concerns among the way, including the following:
- Eczema – the moisturizing bit is excellent in fighting eczema. If you want to get the best results, we recommend using these agents on slightly damp skin.
- Psoriasis – one of the most uncomfortable skin conditions is psoriasis. It tends to affect the knees, elbows, fingernails, scalp, lumbar regions, toenails, areas with skinfolds, and umbilicus. Occlusives provide excellent treatment in this case and are applied topically. They are applied directly onto the skin to provide a protective barrier and reduce water loss. Occlusives can help with the itching and scaling that comes with Psoriasis, so most medical professionals would recommend using them to treat this condition.
- Atopic dermatitis – if you have had atopic dermatitis so far, you probably know what symptoms are present. This chronic inflammatory disease is followed by constant itching, dryness, and recurrent flares resulting from defects on the skin’s outer layer. Thankfully, Phyto moisturizing can help here. Applying occlusives can hydrate your skin and act as a defensive barrier when shielding it from this condition. Whether it is a diaper rash or irritation, this cure will get your dry and irritated skin back to normal.
If you are ready to start looking for products filled with occlusives that can make all the difference for you, we would like to recommend a few:
- The Sea Weed Soft Mask – if you are looking for a mask that will lock the moisture into your skin, then this is something you should try. This is a mask that contains natural ingredients, meaning you can use it without having to worry about any side effects. It can do wonders for you in terms of preserving the skin’s health and preventing rashes, acne, and pigmentation.
- Ginseng Hydro Gel Mask – providing you with a natural cooling effect, this is something you should focus on if you want to experience vacuum-like protection on your skin. This mask offers moisture and nourishment with active and natural ingredients, resulting in healthy and flawless skin.
When on the topic of vegan compounds that have an array of use in the beauty world, wax has been noted as a very versatile ingredient and has been used in many natural skincare products. It can smooth out the outer layer of the skin and, at the same time, hydrate it and form a protective coating that will keep the dermal layer from losing any moisture.
When the wax is added to a certain product, it means that the texture of the product is denser, and the stability is guaranteed. Remember, all these products with wax included are the ones you can apply evenly and have a velvety and luxurious texture.
Naturally, this compound comes in both vegan and non-vegan versions – the ones which are not vegan can be extremely expensive yet not carry all the natural benefits that come with vegan waxes. For this reason, we are giving you two options you can take a look at:
- Candelilla wax is a natural vegetable wax that comes from the leaves of the Candelilla planet. This excellent vegan alternative provides plenty of good, nourishing benefits for the skin. It can improve dryness and the appearance of stretch marks, age spots, and wrinkles.
- Beeswax – logically, beeswax comes from busy bees. Because it has amazing antibacterial properties, it can treat all kinds of skin conditions and even some burns and wounds. In our case, it can lubricate the skin and keep the moisture where needed.
Since we have covered the subject of wax, we are pleased to offer a few natural skincare products that contain this ingredient and might come of use to you:
- Rosehip & Lavender Balm – this is the perfect balm for all those winter months. It will provide your skin with the barrier to survive winter without losing moisture or charm.
- Moroccan Chamomile Cleansing Balm – if you are prone to rashes and irritations, this is the best product you should turn to. This balm will gently clean the skin without stripping it of its moisture.
- Crème de la Crème – healing moisture and a rejuvenated look – this is what you will get by using this luxurious cream. The organic ingredients make it a perfect addition for all those who want to avoid using products with hyaluronic acid yet want firmer skin.
3. Musaliage (mucilage)
This sticky substance is probably the last thing that will come to mind if you are thinking about skincare. However, it has been proven to have a multitude of benefits on the skin. This is a sticky substance that some plants produce – its texture is almost gelatinous, and it can be incredibly useful for treating your skin. In terms of phyto moisturizing, it can offer the ultimate protection from any outside factors. It traps moisture, achieving the plump and youthful look you are hoping to get!
Here is where you can find it:
- Althea off. (Marshmallow)
- Verbascum thapsus (Mullein)
- Ulmus fulvus (Slippery elm)
- Plantago lanceolata (plantain)
- Plantago ovata (Psyllium)
- Trigonella foenum-graecum (Fenugreek)
- Symphytum off. (Comfrey)
- Sargassum (Seaweed)
Once you are ready to try something that can make your skin tight and healthy, here is a product we recommend for you:
- The Sea Weed Soft Mask – locks the moisture on your skin with the help of this light treatment. This is a mask that contains natural ingredients and can achieve a healthy and radiant look!
We have reached the subject of humectants! This is an ingredient that takes moisture and locks it on your skin, keeping it hydrated at all times. Humectants are the beloved compounds mostly because they will not evaporate from the dermis. One of the most incredible moisturizers out there is hyaluronic acid! However, you can also find it in aloe vera, peptides, amino acids, proteins, and glycerin. Their structure is pretty amazing, giving some incredible benefits to the skin! If you want it to look as fresh, soft, and healthy as it can ever look, then this is a sign for you to go out and get a product that will help you enjoy these benefits.
If you are uncertain of where to begin, here are some skincare products that you should try!
- Rose Hip Moisture Quench Cream – the soothing ingredients found in this moisture cream will take your skincare routine to the next level! Hyaluronic acid can trap moisture on your skin, giving it a youthful and healthy look.
- Herbal Apothecary Skincare – look at all our products from our herbal apothecary skincare line! You can find anything from micellar water to soft mineral primers created with natural ingredients. This means they will be gentle on the dermal layer while preserving its health and beauty!
5. Bio Cellulose Sheet Masks
Last but not least, we are giving the floor to these masks, which are backed up with some advanced technology behind the fabric. They are filled with bio-cellulose, which is four times stronger and more effective than regular cellulose. Skincare professionals from all over the world have welcomed this new technology with arms wide open!
The reason why is due to the effects it can have on the skin. Estheticians have learned it can calm down and soothe the skin, and it can provide moisture and the protection it needs. It is so powerful that you can see the results after only one use! If you are looking for a phyto moisturizing product that can make all the difference, this is it!
Do you wish to try a mask that could make your skin feel and look youthful? Then we have a few options to present to you:
- CBD Anti-Aging Drench Mask – the natural ingredients of the mask rejuvenate the skin like never before! The highest quality compounds create marvels you can see after the first use of this mask! They penetrate it, giving it the unique treatment it deserves.
- CBD Illuminating And Hydrating Drench Mask – another mask that can hydrate the dermis and give it the moisturizing treatment it needs! It penetrates into the dermal layer, leaving it plump, firm, healthy, and youthful!
Looking into the wonderful natural compounds which can be a part of your skincare routine, you can find that if you only scratch the surface, there is a lot more underneath. For now, most people are only familiar with hyaluronic acid for skin, especially in those anti-aging products. However, you can see a vast array of products you can turn to at any point. Once you have found the compounds that work best for you, you can start the hunt for products that will do wonders for you!
Contact us and try our natural skincare products! You will undoubtedly notice the difference, and your skin will be thankful for the positive change you have made!
Phyto moisturizing, skincare products, dry and irritated skin, hyaluronic acid for skin, moisturizer, hydrate your skin, natural skincare productsPhyto moisturizing, skincare products, dry and irritated skin, hyaluronic acid for skin, moisturizer, hydrate your skin, natural skincare products